The number of international students studying in Australia is over 300,000, a figure that is constantly growing. Many of these students are choosing Australia over other developed countries because of certain advantages that studying in Australia can bring. Individuals who study in Australia receive top-quality and internationally-respected education, preparing them for professional pursuits in Australia or abroad. Yet, the cost of tuition and living fees in Australia are generally lower than in other developed countries.
International students in Australia are in an excellent position to develop their career in Australia and stay permanently. The decision you have already made to study in Australia places you in a unique position.As an international student, you can take full advantage of the opportunities offered by Australia.
- Work while studying
- Bring family members to join you in Australia
- Obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit upon graduation
- Gain invaluable Australian work experience
- Discover your pathway to permanent residence
- Secure permanent resident status, and ultimately Australian citizenship
Work while studying
A Australian study permit doesn’t just grant you the right to attend university or college, it also grants the student, the right to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full-time during scheduled academic breaks. It allows the student to make some money to fund his/her ongoing studies and living costs, all the while giving the student connections in the local labour market. These professional networks could be the lead into landing a great job upon graduation. Under the Post-Graduation Work Permit, a student can obtain a work permit valid for up to two years, depending on the duration of his/her study program.
- No job offers required.
- Work with any employer across Australia and change job when you want to.
- Get that all-important Australian work experience as you work towards obtaining permanent residence.
Many international graduates use the Automotive and cookery as a stepping stone into a successful career in Australia, and towards Australian permanent residence